Thursday 29 August 2013

BEHIND THE BLACK GATE

lfuygbn

Hidden away in the backstreets of Deptford, South-East London, a historic gem sets the scene for our first AW13 webtorial shoot. At the end of a long cobbled road, behind a mysterious black gate and hidden from plain view, sits The Master Shipwrights House. Dark, mysterious, British and romantic, much like our AW13 collection — we couldn’t wait to take a look around.
Built in 1708 by Joseph Allin, the master shipwright for the Royal Dockyard next door, the house boasts three floors of historical splendour. A significant structure in England’s history and the location for Mario Testino’s famous photographs of Kate Moss, the stripped walls, antique rugs, spectacular floor to ceiling windows and quirky props are just a few of the features of the property.
fushg kljll

New this season, we’re extremely excited to bring you an edited collection of our most beloved items, the Jigsaw Essential range. From our best-selling Modal Long Lace Vest to light and luxurious cashmere, Essential pieces are designed with style and crafted to last.
lfuygbn qwess

Born in the British coastal town of Lyme Regis, we caught up with our model Alice Cornish to talk AW13, style and London life.
Name: Alice Cornish
I’m originally from…
A small coastal town in the South-West of England called Lyme Regis. It’s an amazing place to go back to visit, it even has it’s own retro 1940′s cinema. It is also home to Hix’s Oyster Bar, one of my favourite places to eat.
mnhgtf plkm

I’ve been modelling for…
3 years
I would describe my personal style as…
Casual and bohemian, a little bit scruffy. I love layering and my leather jacket is a staple. At the moment I love teaming feminine midi skirts with chunky boots — it’s surprisingly flattering.
My favourite piece from the Jigsaw AW13 collection is…
I love this green dress, it can be dressed up or down. It also looks great with my boots!
lkmjn

The best part of my job is…
The travelling, it can get stressful not knowing where each day will take you, but it is also very exciting. I do miss my bed most of the time.
If I wasn’t a model I would be…
A Chef, I just love cooking and experimenting with different flavours. I’m not too bad either!
My Favourite city is…
London in the sun, it’s beautiful. There is nowhere like it.
The best place to eat in London is…
A little Japanese place in Mornington Crescent called Asakusa. It serves up delicious authentic Japanese food, a true hidden gem.
At the weekend you’ll find me…
Searching for gems in the Camden Market vintage shops, I love finding original pieces.
njmki vbcdfde
rthsgfd

No comments:

Post a Comment